Insurance Coordinator/Customer Service Specialist – Yankton
Neighborhood Dental is looking for you!
We are seeking a talented individual who is an outgoing, friendly, and customer oriented person with a great attitude to work in our Yankton office!
The person in this position must be able to do the following:
- Have strong attention to detail
- Create a positive work environment
- Take initiative
- Work well independently, and also as part of a team
- Be a problem solver/find solutions
- Communicate well with team members
Insurance: When a new patient comes to us, a patient’s insurance changes, or at the beginning of the benefit year, the Insurance Coordinator calls the insurance to verify their benefits and gets the breakdown of coverage. This information is initially written on a benefit breakdown sheet which is then scanned into the patient’s document center. Information is then manually transferred into the insurance section of the patient’s information.
- Enter new insurance information into Dentrix (as necessary) and call for verification/benefit information.
- Update insurance group coverage table information: percentages, insurance notes (frequencies, limitations), downgrades, maximums and deductibles
- Note patient’s upcoming appointment indicating frequency and eligibility for what patient is scheduled for (i.e. is patient eligible for x-rays, fluoride, etc.) and potential patient out of pocket expenses
- Check next day(s) patients for insurance and make sure insurance is up to date
- Understand insurance networks, carriers, and third-party administrators
- Work with insurance companies and Financial Director on any issues that arise with insurance (i.e. doctor not showing in-network, credentialing issues, etc)
- Assist in cleaning up current insurance lists (streamlining and removing old/outdated plans)
- Understand current financial policies and procedures
- Understand the clinic’s same day collection policy to ensure notes reflect accurately after verification to provide a “no surprise” visit for the patient
Other team player duties:
- Utilize Dental Software to pull reports, analyze data, and strategize improvements.
- Be an active participant in staff meetings.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Financial or Customer Service Director.
- Liaise with the Office Manager, Treatment Coordinator, and Scheduling Coordinator, as needed.
- Communicate with the clinic team regarding changes, updates, etc.
Customer Service Duties:
- Providing excellent customer service to patients
- Practicing HIPAA and maintaining compliance
- Answer incoming calls
- Checking patients in and out
- Check office voicemails and emails
- Confirm appointments
- Schedule appointments
- Actively monitoring schedule to ensure providers meet daily goals
- Assist patients in scheduling with specialists if needed
- Update patient records when checking in patients by ensuring phone, address, and insurance are current
- Scanning patients DL, insurance card(s), and paperwork
- Check and respond to appointment requests via “Conversations” on Solution Reach and Social Media
- Verifying pre-medications
- Collect at the time of service and some payment entering
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Excel and Google Sheets/Docs: 2 years (Preferred)
We offer a very competitive benefit package: employer match 401K, health insurance, dental care, vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, monthly bonus incentive, paid holidays, uniform reimbursement, in-house continuing education (CE), and a competitive salary!
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Patient Oriented — excellent customer service and care
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
Monday through Friday, 36-40 hours/week
Yankton, South Dakota