National Dental Hygiene Month: Healthy Habits To Enhance Your Smile
Did you know October is National Dental Hygiene Month? This month is dedicated to highlighting our dental hygienists, who play a vital role in our patient’s overall visit, while enhancing healthy smiles for years to come!
Follow these healthy habits during National Dental Hygiene Month to keep your oral health in tip-top shape:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day. For the most effective brushing, tilt the brush at a 45-degree angle and gently move the toothbrush back and forth
- Flossing at least once a day, some recommend ready-to-use dental flossers to reach tight-knit
- Incorporating antimicrobial mouthwash as a part of your daily oral routine. Mouthwash reduces the amount of acid in your mouth
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue! The best way to reduce the number of bacteria in your mouth is to clean your tongue twice daily after you brush your teeth
- Water continues to be the best beverage for your overall health — including oral health. Water can help wash out some of the negative effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages
- Healthy nutritious snacks are good for the teeth, gums and general health. A variety of snacks and drinks low in sugar and high in nutrition are best
Dental Hygienist: Putting Our Patients First
Dental Hygienists wear a number of hats throughout their days. However, their typical day includes various tasks such as:
- Providing preventive cleaning appointments
- Educate patients on proper oral care techniques
- Updating patient histories
- Reviewing radiographs
Overall, our dental hygienist’s top priority is to keep our mouths happy and healthy for years to come! Our team at Neighborhood Dental in Sioux Falls and other locations cares about your oral health, and we use the latest technology to care for your teeth.
USE IT OR LOSE IT!
Have you had your two cleanings this year? If not, NOW is the time to maximize your dental benefits and schedule your appointment with our team of professionals at Neighborhood Dental. If you do not have dental insurance, no problem! Give us a call and ask about our in-house savings program!